The jury for a coroner's inquest has ruled Teresa Scheunert died accidentally from mixed-drug toxicity.
The Watson Lake, Yukon, nurse died two years ago in the hospital where she worked. She was being treated for severe back pain, which caused other issues like problems with her abdomen and spine, as well as tingling and numbness in her legs.
- Related: Yukon family seeks answers on hospital death
- Related: Yukon NDP raise questions over Watson Lake Hospital deaths
The verdict came late Saturday afternoon after five days of evidence from a variety of medical experts.
The jury was made up of six women, who also made several recommendations, including many from the Institute for Safe Medication Practices Canada.
Scheunert's sister and two daughters told reporters outside the courtroom that they are pleased with the verdict, though they now want to see all the recommendations implemented.