Should non-Indigenous Canadians learn Indigenous languages?
Air Date: Mar 16, 2017 10:00 PM CT
The 180's Kathryn Marlow thought it would be neat to learn a few words in an Indigenous language. But then she wondered if that was really the right thing to do.
Latest North News Headlines
CBC's Kate Kyle takes a flight over the wreck of HMS Erebus near Gjoa Haven, Nunavut, with the Inuit guardians program. The unique arrangement has 17 local Inuit working with Parks Canada to watch over the wrecks of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
Rhonda Miller came upon these black wolves on her drive to work along Highway 3 outside Yellowknife.
Take a ride with the CBC on the ice road over the Yukon River from West Dawson to Dawson City.
Top News Headlines
- Trudeau reluctant to reveal too much on Quebec's face-covering law: Aaron Wherry
- So, which Canadian cities actually applied to be Amazon's next HQ?
- High Arctic man of mystery: Special constable identified in minutes on social media
- Funeral service held for fallen soldier at centre of dispute over Trump's remarks
- 'Unknown' RCMP special constable identified quickly on social media
- Snowmobile mystery: Photo shows 1 sled down, 2 human tracks coming out of water
- 3 people arrested, cocaine and handgun seized in Yellowknife
- Mysterious 'ping' sound from sea floor baffles Igloolik
- 22-year-old woman in stable condition after being shot by police in Puvirnituq, Que.