Riverdale home damaged by fire
Firefighters in Whitehorse contained an apparent chimney fire in the Riverdale neighbourhood this afternoon before it could spread to the rest of the home.
The house on Bell Crescent belongs to Tony and Peg Hanulik. Tony Hanulik said flames were coming out of the roof when they came home around midday.
He says the fire appears to have been contained to the attic.
A large part of the roof around the chimney was gone when the fire was put out.
Hanulik says the chimney was regularly cleaned.