Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest North News Headlines
- Federal Indigenous languages act would need 'teeth' to work, say N.W.T. language advocates
- Charter breach by RCMP could reduce Iqaluit man's sentence for ATV hit and run
- NTI candidate: Cathy Towtongie wants to address high cost of northern living
- $1.5M Arctic Inspiration Prize awarded to 3 projects 'by and for the North'
Ship was lost in 1845 in a Nunavut bay
Parks Canada underwater archeologists explore the wreck off the coast of Nunavut
First Nations teens in the Yukon have taken traditional hunting paths and turned them into acclaimed mountain bike trails.
A Ryerson University student has built an greenhouse on the Arctic Circle that allows people in the far North to grow fresh produce.
Top News Headlines
- More than 1,000 athletes involved in elaborate Russian doping conspiracy, report says
- 'Incredible victory for consumers': Starbucks, WestJet rewards programs must cancel expiry policy
- A truly feminist government would consider the plight of Indigenous men: Robyn Urback
- Russia threatens retaliation over latest round of Canadian sanctions
- Frustrated with food prices, woman makes 1,000 km grocery trip for Christmas dinner
- Man in a onesie sleeps over at a grocery store, raises $11,000 for food bank
- Fox vs. frozen mop: Nunavut girl, 17, claims victory over nighttime visitor
- Nunavut hunter's caribou giveaway prompts flood of online love for elders
- On 90th birthday, N.W.T. trapping legend Pi Kennedy reflects on a life in the bush