Here are some of the best photos of the week of June 8-14 from around the North. Submit your photos to CBC North through our Facebook page, our Twitter account @cbcnorth, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos of the week
CBC News Posted: Jun 15, 2013 2:03 PM CT Last Updated: Jun 15, 2013 2:01 PM CT
Latest North News Headlines
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- Kent Hehr forced to defend himself against allegations of rudeness, again
- After hours of haggling, there was no pot tax deal — then N.L.'s minister cleared staffers from the room
- House leader for Alberta Opposition party fired woman after sex harassment complaint
- FBI agent removed from Russia probe called Trump an 'idiot'
- Store vouchers instead of cash violate human rights, rules N.W.T. tribunal
- Recess encounter with stranger prompts RCMP investigation in Hay River
- Chemotherapy treatments suspended at Stanton Hospital after review
- Ross River took a gamble on a housing contractor, and lost
- Yukon shouldn't get monopoly on legal marijuana, says retailer