Here are some of the best photos of the week of June 8-14 from around the North. Submit your photos to CBC North through our Facebook page, our Twitter account @cbcnorth, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos of the week
CBC News Posted: Jun 15, 2013 2:03 PM CT Last Updated: Jun 15, 2013 2:01 PM CT
Latest North News Headlines
Northern Canada's evening newscast
Tired of waiting for a place to live, Igloolik elder Theo Kangok built his own out of salvaged materials. His plight is not unusual as thousands wait for social housing across Nunavut.
An icy, slippery day in Inuvik today, which saw quite a bit of snow fall this morning - on the last day of September.
Nathaniel Hamlyn is living in a house built by his 19-year-old brother Zachary, a carpentry apprentice in Yellowknife.
Top News Headlines
- Nunavut premier says Montreal candidate's remarks about territory 'out of line'
- Northwestel's new higher speed, higher data plans still overpriced, says critic
- Companies walked away from N.W.T.'s Tundra mine with gov't consent
- Deline, N.W.T., man pleads guilty to attempted murder after hammer attack
- Yukon Energy wants input for 20-year plan
- Moscow to L.A. flight makes emergency landing in Iqaluit
- Yukon Health department warns snowbirds against travelling without notice
- N.W.T. MLA Daryl Dolynny questions Liquor Licensing Board's expenses
- Yukon candidate Ryan Leef proud of Harper government, and his own record
- Qikiqtani Inuit Association to talk mining, codeshare at meeting