Here are some of the best photos of the week of June 8-14 from around the North. Submit your photos to CBC North through our Facebook page, our Twitter account @cbcnorth, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos of the week
CBC News Posted: Jun 15, 2013 2:03 PM CT Last Updated: Jun 15, 2013 2:01 PM CT
Latest North News Headlines
Parks Canada underwater archeologists explore the wreck off the coast of Nunavut
First Nations teens in the Yukon have taken traditional hunting paths and turned them into acclaimed mountain bike trails.
Sebastian Jones of Dawson City had to haul a bunch of gear across the ice-covered Yukon River. He hit upon a novel - and very Canadian - solution.
Darrell Otto breeds about 45,000 Chinook salmon every year, a number he hopes to quadruple in the next few years, using a newly upgraded salmon hatchery.
Top News Headlines
- N.W.T. man tells of encounter with nàhgą — the Tlicho sasquatch — following boat accident
- Whitehorse campgrounds packed, officials say 'go further'
- Hunter Tootoo evades questions about alleged sexual relationship with staff member
- Walrus hunt captured in photos for Inuit cultural school
- Roald Amundsen's Maud, stuck in ice since 1930, to be raised next week