People across the territory showed their Nunavut Day pride on Saturday with flags, traditional clothing, concerts, games and food.
Nunavut Day colours show territory's pride
On July 9, communities celebrated with flags, clothing, games, music and food
CBC News Posted: Jul 11, 2016 12:02 PM CT Last Updated: Jul 11, 2016 12:02 PM CT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest North News Headlines
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- Another Yukon Arctic Ultra racer faces amputations due to frostbite
- Cancer survivor says travelling south for chemo left her 'drained'
- RCMP make several arrests after finding drugs, cash in Behchoko
- Agnico Eagle's open-pit offshoot from Nunavut gold mine gets federal ministerial approval
- Following audit and RCMP investigation, YWCA Agvvik looks to overhaul exhausted board