Latest North News Headlines
Earning income from sealskin craft work is nothing new in Nunavut. But a growing number of contemporary seamstresses are taking traditional Inuit design to a new level.
Sebastian Jones of Dawson City had to haul a bunch of gear across the ice-covered Yukon River. He hit upon a novel - and very Canadian - solution.
At a snowmobile race in Fort McPherson, N.W.T., this past weekend, James Arey thought he had clinched the win. But when his machine broke down, he had to pick it up and try to push it across the finish line.
Top News Headlines
- ISIS threat making Sinai peacekeeping mission less 'viable,' says Gen. Vance
- 'No peace' for families after Matthew de Grood found not criminally responsible for 5 stabbings
- Giant tortoise, huge carnivorous plant among Top 10 new species of 2016
- Wife who suspected affair recorded husband and mistress discuss murder plot, court hears
- Who doesn't have a power bill anymore? This guy
- Plaques, pucks and trophies: Inside Jordin Tootoo's childhood home
- Grolar or pizzly? Experts say rare grizzly-polar bear hybrid shot in Nunavut
- 2 suspected whooping cough cases in Iqaluit as Pond Inlet outbreak continues
- Thanks but no thanks, Whitehorse bike club tells rogue trail builders