Muskox spotted near Yellowknife
Air Date: Oct 19, 2013 1:21 PM CT
CBC's Curtis Mandeville reports from Yellowknife
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Light Snow and Blowing Snow
Latest North News Headlines
- Yellowknife city councillors want 'transparent' inquiry into workplace misconduct allegations
- New flight simulator will help Yukon students get their wings
- Feds award multimillion-dollar contract to U.S. company for Giant Mine cleanup
- 'I want to see a change': How Fort Simpson is fighting suicide in the community
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- Not always illegal to yell FHRITP at female reporters, judge rules dismissing case
- Boushie verdict fallout sparks allegations of threats, harassment
- 'Just say you're in love already!' Virtue and Moir capture gold and our hearts in Olympic career finale
- Canadian and Indian companies ink deals worth $1B during Trudeau's trade trip
- 20 family members and survivors expected to testify at MMIWG inquiry in Nunavut
- Cancer survivor says travelling south for chemo left her 'drained'
- Another Yukon Arctic Ultra racer faces amputations due to frostbite
- It may not be finished, but the Canadian High Arctic Research Station is ahead of schedule
- Video shows disputed confrontation between Yukon officer and suspect