Louis Sebert defends record as N.W.T. cabinet minister before vote to oust him from cabinet.
Air Date: Oct 20, 2017 12:27 PM CT
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Latest North News Headlines
The 2018 Arctic Winter Games begin March 18 in Hay River and Fort Smith, N.W.T. Get ready to follow the action with this look at the 'Olympics of the North.'
Crumbling foundations, leaning floors, cracked floors. Parishoners of the Fort Chipewyan Catholic church are fighting to save their parish from falling apart.
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Top News Headlines
- Here are the places in Canada — yes, Canada — vulnerable to drought
- Here's why we pay more for everything in Canada — and always will: Neil Macdonald
- Government's cannabis bill faces live-or-die vote in Senate today
- 'What type of man could hurt somebody like me?' Woman shot in face in Afghanistan settles into life in B.C.
- Russian biathletes get a taste of Canadian kindness after locals lend rifles
- Nunavut premier wants mandatory Inuktut fluency for government employees within 4 years
- Women from N.W.T. are smashing records at the Arctic Winter Games
- Inuk woman from the Kivalliq wins national quilting award
- Parents say speeders on Whitehorse's 12th Avenue endanger kids