Kimmirut - learning to live with alcohol
Air Date: Apr 16, 2013 1:30 PM CT
Kimmirut, Nunavut, lifted restrictions on alcohol a year ago. Now, the community is learning to deal with the effects the change has brought on. CBC North's Meghan Roberts reports.
Latest North News Headlines
The 2018 Arctic Winter Games begin March 18 in Hay River and Fort Smith, N.W.T. Get ready to follow the action with this look at the 'Olympics of the North.'
Crumbling foundations, leaning floors, cracked floors. Parishoners of the Fort Chipewyan Catholic church are fighting to save their parish from falling apart.
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Top News Headlines
- Russian biathletes get a taste of Canadian kindness after locals lend rifles
- Canada is dragging its feet in protecting Wood Buffalo National Park, critics say
- Man fights his own fire, says Yellowknife emergency services refused his call
- Dog, owner have close encounter with wolf on Yellowknife Bay
- Long-lost brothers find each other, and their huge Yukon family