Kimmirut battles bootlegging
Air Date: Apr 16, 2013 4:49 PM CT
CBC's Meghan Roberts reports from Kimmirut, Nunavut.
Latest North News Headlines
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- Polls close in Alabama Senate race
- After hours of haggling, there was no pot tax deal — then N.L.'s minister cleared staffers from the room
- Refugee family grateful to be alive after incredible 2nd-storey escape from fire
- House leader for Alberta Opposition party fired woman after sex harassment complaint
- Yellowknife councillor scolded, putting to rest months-long dispute with mayor
- Lost and found: Yellowknife resident thought fox made off with her boot for good
- Premier Paul Quassa announces more personnel changes for Nunavut's senior staff
- NWT SPCA calling for bylaw change after 31 dogs seized from Inuvik property
- Nunavut's languages commissioner had Kugluktuk shred its hamlet election ballots