Latest North News Headlines
Earning income from sealskin craft work is nothing new in Nunavut. But a growing number of contemporary seamstresses are taking traditional Inuit design to a new level.
Sebastian Jones of Dawson City had to haul a bunch of gear across the ice-covered Yukon River. He hit upon a novel - and very Canadian - solution.
At a snowmobile race in Fort McPherson, N.W.T., this past weekend, James Arey thought he had clinched the win. But when his machine broke down, he had to pick it up and try to push it across the finish line.
Top News Headlines
- 'We're forever indebted to Canada': Alaska celebrates first wild-bred bison calves in a century
- Dene National Chief says Métis groups not needed after Supreme Court ruling
- Guns, knives stolen from Hay River, N.W.T., stores
- Jordin Tootoo appears in new video for RCMP anti-violence campaign
- Employee accidentally burned down Fitzgerald Carpeting