CBC North's Philippe Morin explains how the Town of Inuvik, N.W.T., has seen better days.
Inuvik, N.W.T., dealing with bad economy
CBC News Posted: Oct 11, 2012 10:28 AM CT Last Updated: Oct 09, 2012 6:46 PM CT
Latest North News Headlines
Ship was lost in 1845 in a Nunavut bay
Parks Canada underwater archeologists explore the wreck off the coast of Nunavut
First Nations teens in the Yukon have taken traditional hunting paths and turned them into acclaimed mountain bike trails.
A Ryerson University student has built an greenhouse on the Arctic Circle that allows people in the far North to grow fresh produce.
Top News Headlines
- Mom who gave her ill son herbal products before he died faces verdict
- Why the spy trade is such a booming industry: Brian Stewart
- 'Whatever means necessary': How these insiders tricked Loblaws shoppers into signing up for credit cards
- Trump's son-in-law heading to Calgary to speak with Liberal cabinet
- 'It all started with a pizza': How an American priest learned Inuktitut in just over 1.5 years
- How one man's basement collection became 'a Canadian treasure'
- Raven rips up parking ticket in Yellowknife
- 3 men presumed dead after snowmobile breaks through ice on Nunavut cargo run
- N.W.T. pharmacist gave man pills 10 times the correct dosage