CBC North's Philippe Morin explains how the Town of Inuvik, N.W.T., has seen better days.
Inuvik, N.W.T., dealing with bad economy
CBC News Posted: Oct 11, 2012 10:28 AM CT Last Updated: Oct 09, 2012 6:46 PM CT
Latest North News Headlines
Ship was lost in 1845 in a Nunavut bay
Parks Canada underwater archeologists explore the wreck off the coast of Nunavut
First Nations teens in the Yukon have taken traditional hunting paths and turned them into acclaimed mountain bike trails.
A Ryerson University student has built an greenhouse on the Arctic Circle that allows people in the far North to grow fresh produce.
Top News Headlines
- 'We've been worn down': French police fed up with state-of-emergency working conditions
- Dellen Millard's murder trial in death of his father set for March 2018
- Angry protester taken down by security after throwing pumpkin seeds at Justin Trudeau
- Canadian parents spend a quarter of their salary on child care — a third if they're single
- Yukon hunters attacked by angry moose fined for wasting meat
- MLA outlines 'ludicrous' medical travel situation, as Nunavut contracts set to expire
- Police seize drugs from luggage at 2 airports; 3 Nunavut men arrested
- Kenojuak Ashevak Heritage Minute brings her art to life
- Yellowknife journalist found not guilty of obstruction