Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest North News Headlines
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- Becca Schofield, N.B. teen who inspired #BeccaToldMeTo campaign, has died
- Trudeau's vow on Indigenous rights is 'long time coming,' says royal commission co-chair
- Neptune's mysterious storms are short lived, and they smell like rotten eggs
- Opposition grows to Bell, Rogers-backed plan to block piracy websites
- Yukon kennel owner says she euthanized 10 dogs to comply with court-ordered surrender
- Nunavut RCMP aims to build trust with residents in Gjoa Haven
- Yellowknife teen aims to connect youth with mental-health resources
- Yukon First Nations mark 45 years since historic trip to Ottawa
- Yukon Arctic Ultra racer may lose hands, feet to frostbite