Latest North News Headlines
Tired of waiting for a place to live, Igloolik elder Theo Kangok built his own out of salvaged materials. His plight is not unusual as thousands wait for social housing across Nunavut.
An icy, slippery day in Inuvik today, which saw quite a bit of snow fall this morning - on the last day of September.
Nathaniel Hamlyn is living in a house built by his 19-year-old brother Zachary, a carpentry apprentice in Yellowknife.
A film called Iqaluit: The Movie is being shot in Iqaluit and it's generating a lot of interest in acting and filmmaking in Nunavut.
Top News Headlines
- Moscow to L.A. flight makes emergency landing in Iqaluit
- Pangnirtung man charged in armed robbery outside Northern store
- Michael McLeod clarifies promise to increase Northern Residents Deduction
- Ex-QEC worker Sarah Kucera applies to take appeal to Supreme Court
- Canadian North, First Air codeshare concerns Norman Wells, N.W.T.
- Taloyoak's Netsilik School vandalized over the weekend
- Rural Yukoners react to closed federal polling stations
- N.W.T. MLA Daryl Dolynny questions Liquor Licensing Board's expenses
- N.W.T. candidate Dennis Bevington says cost of living is top Northern issue
- Carcross Tagish First Nation begins work on new beachfront lots