Latest North News Headlines
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- How Canadians are constructing North America's biggest green buildings
- After #MeToo, will this year's Golden Globe nominations send a message to Hollywood?
- The fight over free speech at universities comes down to the question of the purpose of higher-ed
- How Republicans blundered into Roy Moore and derailed a conversation about sexual assault
- Lost and found: Yellowknife resident thought fox made off with her boot for good
- Raven rips up parking ticket in Yellowknife
- Access to doctors in N.W.T. low compared to rest of the country
- Smarter than the average 4-year-old? Raven intelligence at heart of new study
- Your North: Best reader photos for the weeks of Nov. 20, 27, Dec. 4