Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest North News Headlines
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- Yukon kennel owner says she euthanized 10 dogs to comply with court-ordered surrender
- 'You almost killed someone': Nunavut man sentenced to 2 years for firing gun at house
- Man arrested at Iqaluit airport after RCMP seize 2 kg of marijuana in luggage
- Hay River elder remembered for his music, Chipewyan stories and birch syrup
- Researchers studying dust in dried up Yukon riverbed