Latest North News Headlines
Northern Canada's evening newscast
Earning income from sealskin craft work is nothing new in Nunavut. But a growing number of contemporary seamstresses are taking traditional Inuit design to a new level.
Sebastian Jones of Dawson City had to haul a bunch of gear across the ice-covered Yukon River. He hit upon a novel - and very Canadian - solution.
At a snowmobile race in Fort McPherson, N.W.T., this past weekend, James Arey thought he had clinched the win. But when his machine broke down, he had to pick it up and try to push it across the finish line.
Top News Headlines
- 'Scalpers suck' cry Tragically Hip fans after presale tickets sell out
- Fossil fuel decline could be 'faster than expected,' government think-tank warns
- Cincinnati zookeeper: 'We live in the real world, we make real decisions'
- Public to be consulted before sale of irradiated ground beef allowed, Health Canada says
- In Arctic Bay, Nunavut, precious pop sells online for stomach-churning prices
- Town of 84 people unplugs pop machine, saves $9K a year
- First Nation teens find jobs, adrenaline-pumping fun on Yukon mountain bike trail
- Rare 'roll cloud' snakes over Fort Resolution, N.W.T.
- Squatter, garbage problem persists as N.W.T. gov't works on land management plan