Flying over the wreck of HMS Erebus
Air Date: Sep 07, 2017 4:22 PM CT
CBC's Kate Kyle takes a flight over the wreck of HMS Erebus near Gjoa Haven, Nunavut, with the Inuit guardians program. The unique arrangement has 17 local Inuit working with Parks Canada to watch over the wrecks of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
Latest North News Headlines
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- Why Trump's desire for a protectionist wall threatens more than NAFTA: Don Pittis
- 'Terrifying': How a single line of computer code put thousands of innocent Turks in jail
- Man living in shack on northern Alberta reserve pleads for housing with running water
- 'Somebody died because of that': Canada's mentally ill allowed to own, buy guns
- Woman at centre of social media storm says no one told her how to dress
- Canada Post scraps 'northern flat rate box' after charities decry unfair treatment for the North
- 'My mother didn't die for nothing,' says Inuvik woman ahead of Yellowknife MMIWG inquiry
- Climate change threatens hairy survivor of multiple ice ages
- Dispatchers 'may come across as rude' when asking 5 Ws, RCMP say