A thunderstorm that hit Yellowknife, N.W.T., on Wednesday night mixed with thick clouds of smoke from nearby wildfires, rendering the sky shades of orange and yellow, and making some lightning strikes appear almost red in colour.
Fire in the sky: 'Apocalypse' thunderstorm rolls into Yellowknife
Storm clouds mixed with wildfire smoke, producing optical illusions like 'red' lightning
CBC News Posted: Jul 30, 2014 6:36 PM CT Last Updated: Jul 31, 2014 7:09 AM CT
Latest North News Headlines
Yellowknife RCMP gave a press conference Thursday afternoon, updating media and the public about the ongoing search for escaped prisoner Denecho King.
Nunavut MP Hunter Tootoo made a statement today in CBC's Iqaluit newsroom, apologizing for an 'inappropriate relationship' that led to his leaving the Liberal Caucus.
A Ryerson University student has built an greenhouse on the Arctic Circle that allows people in the far North to grow fresh produce.
Parks Canada underwater archeologists explore the wreck off the coast of Nunavut
Top News Headlines
- Searching for HMS Terror: Hunt resumes for 2nd Franklin Expedition ship
- Hunters fend off wolves after dog attacked at wilderness camp
- Nunavut hamlet seeks Chinese investors to build dream port
- Little notice, no translation lead to 'very disappointing' election reform consultation in Iqaluit
- No lights or heat for some Whitehorse students on first day back