Electrical repairs cause attic fire in Yellowknife home
Electrical work being done by contractors caused an attic fire resulting in an estimated $10,000 in damage to a Yellowknife home on Monday.
Smoke was spotted coming from the attic of the home on Gold City Court at around 4 p.m.
No one was home at the time of the fire but contractors were doing electrical and plumbing repairs in the attic.
The Yellowknife fire department says the fire was caused by electrical sparks created while repairing a damaged electrical line.