Election talk from Yukoners
CBC News Posted: Sep 27, 2011 1:49 PM CT Last Updated: Sep 28, 2011 8:28 AM CT
Latest North News Headlines
Earning income from sealskin craft work is nothing new in Nunavut. But a growing number of contemporary seamstresses are taking traditional Inuit design to a new level.
Sebastian Jones of Dawson City had to haul a bunch of gear across the ice-covered Yukon River. He hit upon a novel - and very Canadian - solution.
At a snowmobile race in Fort McPherson, N.W.T., this past weekend, James Arey thought he had clinched the win. But when his machine broke down, he had to pick it up and try to push it across the finish line.
Top News Headlines
- 'This is so powerful:' Kitikmeot women revive traditional Inuit tattoos
- Child struck by vehicle at Yellowknife intersection
- Kokanee salmon rebound from dismal numbers in Yukon lake
- Yukon's Liard First Nation fights to regain control from feds
- Ex-teaching assistant pleads guilty to sexual interference