Drive the unofficial ice bridge between West Dawson and Dawson City
Air Date: Feb 13, 2017 3:33 PM CT
Take a ride with the CBC on the ice road over the Yukon River from West Dawson to Dawson City.
Latest North News Headlines
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- U.S. wins women's hockey gold, denies Canada 5th straight Olympic title
- 'I've never seen anything quite like this': Canadian designers basking in Meghan Markle effect
- Why politics is driving a new wave of protectionism: Don Pittis
- Oxfam shelved #IBelieveHer campaign after assault allegations surfaced
- Could the next Olympics have a Team Indigenous? 2 chiefs think so
- Mother outraged after school sends 'triggering' residential school book home to 3rd graders
- Skiers put Yukon front and centre on Olympic stage
- Childhood abuse led Inuk throat singer to crack addiction, death, MMIWG inquiry hears
- MLAs 'surprised' by N.W.T. government's plan to introduce new tax