Some of the unique northern sports and games featured at the 2012 Arctic Winter Games.
Dene Games and Arctic Sports
Some of the unique sports featured at the Arctic Winter Games
CBC News Posted: Mar 07, 2012 2:43 PM CT Last Updated: Mar 07, 2012 2:54 PM CT
Latest North News Headlines
CBC's Kate Kyle takes a flight over the wreck of HMS Erebus near Gjoa Haven, Nunavut, with the Inuit guardians program. The unique arrangement has 17 local Inuit working with Parks Canada to watch over the wrecks of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
Rhonda Miller came upon these black wolves on her drive to work along Highway 3 outside Yellowknife.
Take a ride with the CBC on the ice road over the Yukon River from West Dawson to Dawson City.
Top News Headlines
- Hurricane Maria thrashes Dominican Republic, whips toward Turks and Caicos
- Fed Chair Janet Yellen plans to sell off glut of bonds without creating a flood: Don Pittis
- 'They should have put this bus up years ago': New routes aim to make notorious Highway of Tears safer
- Justin Trudeau news conference LIVE
- Yellowknife woman to husband with Alzheimer's: 'I'll remember for you'
- Man shot in Whitehorse: Police seek driver of red pickup truck
- Radio waves 'make the sky glow': Artificial aurora to be created over western Arctic
- Iqaluit man thousands of dollars out of pocket after Hyundai warranty spat
- Iqaluit couple sues Nunastar for wrongful eviction, harassment and slander