CBC Northbeat February 13, 2018
Air Date: Feb 13, 2018 7:00 PM CT
Every weeknight, we take the pulse of the North and reflect its diversity
Latest North News Headlines
Chief Roberta Joseph and Chief Simon Mervyn spoke to reporters on Parliament Hill
It was a rough start to the week for Everton Michael Lewis, who says he went for a Monday morning coffee run and came back to find his home in flames - but he was all smiles after being reunited with his puppy, which escaped the blaze.
Canadian researchers recently caught bowhead whales in an intimate act of deep exfoliation in Nunavut waters.
N.W.T. Justice Minister Louis Sebert narrowly survived a vote to remove him from cabinet on Oct. 18, after losing a confidence vote during the legislative assembly's midterm review. Here, Sebert speaks to MLAs immediately before the vote.
Top News Headlines
- Pyeongchang's most controversial venue: A cautionary tale for future Olympic Games
- Judge to decide whether La Loche shooter will be sentenced as youth or adult
- How fossil footprints found on a Greek holiday could rewrite the history of humanity
- Trump addresses the Conservative Political Action Conference LIVE
- 'You didn't win': Singer Susan Aglukark publicly names her abuser at MMIWG hearings
- Missing for 28 years: Yellowknife RCMP say DNA of human remains match Mary Rose Keadjuk
- 'You almost killed someone': Nunavut man sentenced to 2 years for firing gun at house
- Childhood abuse led Inuk throat singer to crack addiction, death, MMIWG inquiry hears
- 'Where was the help?' Parents testify they had no way to prevent daughter's brutal death