Dawson City residents peppered Klondike candidates - NDP Jorn Meier, Liberal Sandy Silver and Yukon Party incumbent Steve Nordick - with questions about housing, Dome land use, the hospital, resource royalties, addiction services and the Peel at a forum Wednesday.
AUDIO| Klondike candidates quizzed at forum
CBC News Posted: Sep 29, 2011 12:59 PM CT Last Updated: Sep 29, 2011 12:49 PM CT
Latest North News Headlines
- RCMP assure Yukoners they 'have a handle' on violent crime cases, after latest homicide
- Preserve Indigenous residential schools as sites of conscience, MPs urged
- Changes urged after weather delay leaves passengers, including newborn, sleeping in Nunavut airport
- Multiple landslides take out a log house, uproot trees near Reindeer Station, N.W.T.
CBC's Kate Kyle takes a flight over the wreck of HMS Erebus near Gjoa Haven, Nunavut, with the Inuit guardians program. The unique arrangement has 17 local Inuit working with Parks Canada to watch over the wrecks of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
Rhonda Miller came upon these black wolves on her drive to work along Highway 3 outside Yellowknife.
Take a ride with the CBC on the ice road over the Yukon River from West Dawson to Dawson City.
Top News Headlines
- Northern airline operators threatened by 'absurd' Transport Canada rules, industry insiders say
- Whitehorse man's homemade 'root heater' is growing veggies faster, longer
- Yellowknife drug trial hits sudden snag after accused dumps lawyer
- Toasting to roasting: Inuit-owned coffee company teams up with Indigenous farmers in Peru
- Tourism soars in N.W.T, setting new record for visits and spending