Dawson City residents peppered Klondike candidates - NDP Jorn Meier, Liberal Sandy Silver and Yukon Party incumbent Steve Nordick - with questions about housing, Dome land use, the hospital, resource royalties, addiction services and the Peel at a forum Wednesday.
AUDIO| Klondike candidates quizzed at forum
CBC News Posted: Sep 29, 2011 12:59 PM CT Last Updated: Sep 29, 2011 12:49 PM CT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest North News Headlines
Take a ride with the CBC on the ice road over the Yukon River from West Dawson to Dawson City.
Firebean Coffee Roasters is a Whitehorse area start-up that puts a unique spin on coffee roasting.
11-day event sees mushers and dogs travelling 1,000 km
That's one way to get out of paying a ticket! Annemieke Mulders caught this raven snatching up a parking ticket in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Top News Headlines
- Why so many of Labrador's Indigenous children are in foster care 1600 km away from home
- Trump speaks, and Wall Street listens for an economic plan
- 'I feel like a failure': Moms still being shamed for choosing formula over breastfeeding
- Ontario attorney general to consult fans about event ticket selling, buying
- Review into Hugh Papik's death calls for cultural training for health care workers
- Yellowknife musher wins 1st place at Canadian Challenge competition
- Sourdough Rendezvous: Yukon's annual winter carnival in photos
- Consultations this week on Iqaluit deep sea port, small craft harbour
- Person found dead on trail in Fort Liard, N.W.T.