With the average single family Whitehorse home now selling for $427,000 and homeless people huddled in tents outside the premier's office, housing is one of the most pressing election issues. CBC Yukon reporter Tara McCarthy takes a look at the situation and the political promises to deal with it.
AUDIO| Election talk: housing
CBC News Posted: Oct 05, 2011 11:37 AM CT Last Updated: Oct 05, 2011 10:53 AM CT
Latest North News Headlines
Take a ride with the CBC on the ice road over the Yukon River from West Dawson to Dawson City.
Firebean Coffee Roasters is a Whitehorse area start-up that puts a unique spin on coffee roasting.
11-day event sees mushers and dogs travelling 1,000 km
That's one way to get out of paying a ticket! Annemieke Mulders caught this raven snatching up a parking ticket in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Top News Headlines
- Deep-freeze hairdos go viral from Yukon hot springs competition
- 'Incredible need' for men's shelter in Watson Lake, pop. 790, after mine closure
- 'My dad's a survivor,' says son after Joe Black found near Murdock Lake
- Mark McDiarmid sentenced to 10 months jail for assaulting lawyer
- Cab of tanker truck catches fire, closing N.W.T. Highway 4 for 2 hours