Latest North News Headlines
CBC's Kate Kyle takes a flight over the wreck of HMS Erebus near Gjoa Haven, Nunavut, with the Inuit guardians program. The unique arrangement has 17 local Inuit working with Parks Canada to watch over the wrecks of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
Rhonda Miller came upon these black wolves on her drive to work along Highway 3 outside Yellowknife.
Take a ride with the CBC on the ice road over the Yukon River from West Dawson to Dawson City.
Top News Headlines
- 'A hero again and again': How John McCain likely just ended the last-gasp Obamacare repeal bid
- Merkel pitches German voters steady course while far right makes waves
- 'Trump has scared the bejesus out of everyone': How Canada could win the Amazon sweepstakes
- A war over words is central to the Rohingya crisis: Nahlah Ayed
- In hiding for nearly 3 months, fugitive David Mikkigak reaches out by sat phone
- David Mikkigak surrenders to police after nearly 3 months in hiding
- Can't stop dogs barking, says Yukon kennel owner being sued by neighbours
- Alaska officials: Budget error could shut down ferry system
- Yellowknife woman to husband with Alzheimer's: 'I'll remember for you'