Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest North News Headlines
- Former mayors vying to unseat Pauloosie Keyootak in Uqqummiut
- Environment Canada scales back climate measurements at Alert due to staff shortage
- N.W.T. Housing Corp. 'exploring all options' as contractor fails to build modular homes on time
- Federal committee to hear from 9 N.W.T. groups today about Indigenous land claims
CBC's Kate Kyle takes a flight over the wreck of HMS Erebus near Gjoa Haven, Nunavut, with the Inuit guardians program. The unique arrangement has 17 local Inuit working with Parks Canada to watch over the wrecks of HMS Erebus and HMS Terror.
Rhonda Miller came upon these black wolves on her drive to work along Highway 3 outside Yellowknife.
Take a ride with the CBC on the ice road over the Yukon River from West Dawson to Dawson City.
Top News Headlines
- Trump's top diplomat to Canada begins job today amid tense trade talks
- Former CTV broadcaster Steve Vogelsang accused of robbing 2 Alberta banks
- Some 600,000 refugees later, Ottawa digs in on dealing with Myanmar on Rohingya crisis
- As Bank of Canada ponders another rate hike, survey suggests many are really feeling the last ones
- New Arctic coast highway opens up remote Tuktoyaktuk
- Britain to give Canada the shipwrecks of explorer John Franklin
- 'Unknown' RCMP special constable identified quickly on social media
- Step aside, YouTube: Inuktitube a 'one-stop-shop' for online Inuktitut videos
- 'Heartbreaking': Animator shed tears working on Gord Downie's Secret Path film