Latest North News Headlines
Earning income from sealskin craft work is nothing new in Nunavut. But a growing number of contemporary seamstresses are taking traditional Inuit design to a new level.
Sebastian Jones of Dawson City had to haul a bunch of gear across the ice-covered Yukon River. He hit upon a novel - and very Canadian - solution.
At a snowmobile race in Fort McPherson, N.W.T., this past weekend, James Arey thought he had clinched the win. But when his machine broke down, he had to pick it up and try to push it across the finish line.
Top News Headlines
- Trudeau upended 'man's world' of Canadian politics with election, researchers say
- Brazilian police swarm Rio slums for suspects after girl's gang rape
- 'Best-preserved specimen in existence': 40,000-year-old baby woolly mammoth Lyuba comes to Canada
- Illegal immigrants treated better than veterans, Donald Trump tells biker rally
- First Nation teens find jobs, adrenaline-pumping fun on Yukon mountain bike trail
- 'Oh god, it's a fire truck': Veteran N.W.T. pilot gets a surprise sendoff
- 'Best, Brian from Boston': Fort Simpson woman receives $5 in mail from stranger
- Chicks on a plane! And coming to a Yukon home near you
- An off-grid community goes solar, and gets closer to its roots