1. Shakespeare by the Sea presents Cymbeline every Friday and Saturday, until Aug. 19. It's at the Signal Hill Tattoo field, and starts at 6 p.m. This play is a mix of a tragedy and romance, about a king who has married an evil queen who begins to negatively affect the kingdom.
2. The Teddy Bear Picnic with Terry Rielly takes places Sunday at Bannerman Park, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. This family-friendly event is celebrating its 36th anniversary.
3. The annual St. John's Pride Parade starts Sunday at 1 p.m. in Bannerman Park. The Pride parade is the biggest event for St. John's Pride every year, and celebrates the diversity of the LBGTQ groups. Wear bright colours, bring flags, and noisemakers.
4. You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown finishes its run at the Arts and Culture centre in Corner Brook on Saturday night. The last show starts at 8 p.m. This production features all your favourite Peanuts characters, from Linus to Lucy to Snoopy. Click here for more information about the Stage West Theatre Festival.
5. Dance in to Sunday Night Salsa at Coffee and Company on 204 Water St. in St. John's. Take a beginner's lesson at 7 p.m. and then at 7:30 p.m., there will be a dance for two hours. All skill levels are welcome.
And, if your weekend extends to Monday ...
6. Monday's Company is on display on until July 28 at the Botanical Garden Conference Room. As a part of the garden's arts shows, works of art can be purchased any time the gallery is open, but can't be taken home until after the final day. Featuring artists like Barbara Burnaby, Cynthia Brown, Nancy Cook, and much more!(Note: CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external links.)