Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - The 2014 Lawnya Vawnya Festival of independent music and DIY culture. Underway since Wednesday, the festival will continue through the weekend at venues all over downtown St. John's. The schedule includes the Downtown Music Crawl on Saturday, and the Quidi Vidi Music Crawl on Sunday (both events are all ages and free). Check the Lawnya Vawnya website for details.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - On The House, presented by In the Corner Productions. The play tells the story of a murder in prohibition-era New York. Barbara Barrett Theatre at the St. John's Arts and Culture Centre, at 7 p.m.
Friday - Willie Nile, Capital Hotel Ballroom, 8 p.m.
Friday and Saturday - Gordon Lightfoot, at the St. John`s Arts and Culture Centre at 8 p.m.
Saturday - Steve Dawson, LSPU Hall, 8 p.m.
Sunday - Quintessential Vocal Ensemble, As on Wings: Our Journey to Carnegie Hall. The concert takes place at the Basilica of St John the Baptist at 7:30 p.m.
The Downtown Music Scene:
- Humphrey’s - Kalem Mahoney, 9:30 p.m.
- Turkey Joe’s - Fresh Vibe Fridays with DJ Scrappy, 10 p.m.
- Martini Bar - Kelly Ann Evans (Upstairs),10 p.m.; Sanye (Downstairs) at 11 p.m.
- YellowBelly - Mick Davis, 10 p.m.
- C.L.B Armoury - Protest the Hero, Nuke 'em, Deadgaard, the Combine, 10 p.m.
- Greensleeves - Rob Cook, Damian Follett, the Black Sheep, 10 p.m.
- The Levee - Mooch, Make Mean Everything, the Darts, 11 p.m.
- Trapper John’s - Steve Edwards Band, 11 p.m
- Fred’s Records - Banded Stilts performing from 2 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
- Shamrock City - Hugh Scott, 4:30 p.m.; Bob Taylor & Carl Peters, 7 p.m.; Middle Tickle, 11 p.m.
- Humphry’s - Mike Hanrahan, 9:30 p.m.
- Greensleeves - Dave White, the Black Sheep, 10 p.m.
- Martini Bar - Kelly Ann Evans (Upstairs), 10 p.m.
- The Levee - Rust: A Tribute to Neil Young, 10:30 p.m.
- Trapper John’s - Steve Edwards Band, 11 p.m.
- Fred’s Records - Lew Skinner & Justin Martin, 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- O’Reilly’s Pub - Traditional Session, 3:00 p.m.; Bill Kelly, 6:30 p.m.; Con O'Brien & Patrick Moran, 10 p.m.