WAM Picks: Prohibition-era murder, a song on every stage
Music and theatre dominate a busy weekend
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - On The House, presented by In the Corner Productions. The play tells the story of a murder in prohibition-era New York. Barbara Barrett Theatre at the St. John's Arts and Culture Centre, at 7 p.m.
Friday - Willie Nile, Capital Hotel Ballroom, 8 p.m.
Friday and Saturday - Gordon Lightfoot, at the St. John`s Arts and Culture Centre at 8 p.m.
Saturday - Steve Dawson, LSPU Hall, 8 p.m.
Sunday - Quintessential Vocal Ensemble, As on Wings: Our Journey to Carnegie Hall. The concert takes place at the Basilica of St John the Baptist at 7:30 p.m.
The Downtown Music Scene:
- Humphrey’s - Kalem Mahoney, 9:30 p.m.
- Turkey Joe’s - Fresh Vibe Fridays with DJ Scrappy, 10 p.m.
- Martini Bar - Kelly Ann Evans (Upstairs),10 p.m.; Sanye (Downstairs) at 11 p.m.
- YellowBelly - Mick Davis, 10 p.m.
- C.L.B Armoury - Protest the Hero, Nuke 'em, Deadgaard, the Combine, 10 p.m.
- Greensleeves - Rob Cook, Damian Follett, the Black Sheep, 10 p.m.
- The Levee - Mooch, Make Mean Everything, the Darts, 11 p.m.
- Trapper John’s - Steve Edwards Band, 11 p.m
- Fred’s Records - Banded Stilts performing from 2 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
- Shamrock City - Hugh Scott, 4:30 p.m.; Bob Taylor & Carl Peters, 7 p.m.; Middle Tickle, 11 p.m.
- Humphry’s - Mike Hanrahan, 9:30 p.m.
- Greensleeves - Dave White, the Black Sheep, 10 p.m.
- Martini Bar - Kelly Ann Evans (Upstairs), 10 p.m.
- The Levee - Rust: A Tribute to Neil Young, 10:30 p.m.
- Trapper John’s - Steve Edwards Band, 11 p.m.
- Fred’s Records - Lew Skinner & Justin Martin, 1 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- O’Reilly’s Pub - Traditional Session, 3:00 p.m.; Bill Kelly, 6:30 p.m.; Con O'Brien & Patrick Moran, 10 p.m.