WAM Picks: Music sessions for day strollers and night crawlers
Helping you navigate weekend events and happenings
Fred's Records on Duckworth Street in St. John's will celebrate National Record Store Day on Saturday with afternoon sessions:
3 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Aaron Collis and Emilia Bartellas
3:45 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. Sherman Downey
4:30 p.m. - 5 p.m. Aley Waterman
- The Ship - Ian Foster & the Thieves, Adam Baxter & Friends, Shawna Caspi - 10 p.m.
- CBTGs - Entertainment from nine different bands - 10 p.m.
- Martini Bar - Dana Parsons - 10 p.m. (Upstairs)
- Martini Bar - Sanye - 11 p.m. (Downstairs)
- Trapper John’s - Steve Edwards Band - 11 p.m.
- Turkey Joe’s - Fresh Vibe Fridays with DJ Scrappy - 10 p.m.
- Yellowbelly - Mick Davis - 10 p.m.
- The Levee - Bridges EP release party, with Dodgeband, ToShredsYouSay, and Werewoman - 9 p.m.
- The Rockhouse - Hear/Say EP release costume party, with Emily Locke and the Skylarks - 10:30 p.m
- Humphry's - Dave Langmead - 9:30 p.m.
- The Ship - Super Salsa Party, featuring DJ Chamba from The Ritmo Latino Radio Show - 9:30 p.m.
- Martini Bar - Dana Parsons - 10 p.m.
- Distortion - Say It Ain't Weezer, Last Soul Down, Mean Streets - 10 p.m.
- Trapper John’s - Greg Tobin Trio - 11 p.m.
- O’Reilly’s Pub - Traditional Session, 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.; Bill Kelly, 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.; Con O'Brien & Patrick Moran, 10 p.m.