Friday: After a brief hiatus, one of Newfoundland's premiere rock and roll bands is back. The Pathological Lovers return with a show to celebrate the release of their new EP, with special guests Sonny Tripp. The Rockhouse is the venue and the show gets underway at 11 p.m.
Friday: The MUN Chamber Orchestra presents an evening of classics highlighted by Schubert’s Unfinished Symphony. The performance starts at 8 p.m. at the D.F. Cook Recital Hall.
Saturday: Shake the Leg: A night in support of the New World Theatre Project and Cupids Legacy Centre. A concert with a twist, with special guests like MHA Tom Hedderson, Cupids Mayor Harold Akerman and Bay Roberts Mayor Philip Wood. They will be joined on stage with veteran Shakespearean actors. It's a 6:30 p.m. start time, at the Cupids Legacy Centre.
Saturday: The MUN Chamber Music Showcase presents intimate trios and quartets performed by School of Music student chamber ensembles. D.F. Cook Recital Hall. 8:00 p.m.
Sunday: The MUN Festival and Chamber Choirs take you to Paris at the turn of the 20th Century for an evening of choral music by Fauré, Debussy, and Saint-Saëns. The Kirk at St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church at 7 p.m.
The Downtown Music Scene:
- Humphrey's - Jason Lacour, 9:30 p.m.
- Velvet - R.A The Rugged Man, Moyst, Downstream, G_Smooth, 9:30 p.m.
- Distortion - London Above EP release party, with Plainface, Waterfront Fire, and Make Mean Everything, 10 p.m.
- The Levee - Port of Call, Man the Animal, and Ted Dancin,' 10 p.m.
- Rose & Thistle Pub - The Suits, The Corroborators, Allie Duff & The Happy Campers, 9 p.m.
- Humphrey's - David Guy, 9:30 p.m.
- The Rockhouse - Island Belles Burlesque, 9 p.m.
Theatre This Weekend:
- 13, The Musical, presented by Best Kind Productions. A musical for all ages about discovering that cool is where you find it, and sometimes where you least expect it. Until Sunday at the LSPU Hall, at 8 p.m., with a 2 p.m. matinée on Saturday and Sunday.
- Holy Heart High School presents Disney`s Beauty and the Beast, a musical spectacular with vocal direction by Susan Quinn and orchestral direction by Grant Etchegary. At the Holy Heart Theatre, Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m., with a 2 p.m. matinée on Saturday.