Sunday Scoff | Beef and broccoli
In this instalment of Sunday Scoff, food-enthusiast Barry Parsons demonstrates how to make one of his most popular dishes featured on his blog Rock Recipes.
Beef and broccoli is a pretty common dish, but Parsons said this version gets rave reviews.
In the video above, Parsons shows WAM host Angela Antle how its done.
Beef and broccoli
In a medium sauce pan, over high heat, add:
- 1 1/2 pounds of strip loin (ask for it thick cut to 1 1/2 inches)
- Salt & pepper to season
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
Once meat is half-way cooked, add:
- 1/2 tsp of fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of Chinese 5 spice powder
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 4 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock
Bring to a boil, then add:
- cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cup pre-cooked broccoli
For more delicious recipes, visit the Rock Recipes website.