RNC investigates weekend armed robbery
Posted: Feb 25, 2013 6:31 AM NT
Last Updated: Feb 25, 2013 4:22 PM NT
Police are investigating a Sunday morning armed robbery in St. John's.
The RNC said a man who had his face partially covered held up a gas station on Empire Avenue shortly after 8 a.m.
Police said he then peddled away from the business on a bicycle.
The man demanded money and cigarettes.
The police haven't said what kind of weapon he was carrying.
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
- Workers stage blockade at La Scie crab plant
- A shipment of crab remains stuck on Newfoundland's Baie Verte Peninsula, as plant workers refuse to let the seafood leave for processing. more »
- Willing + Wanted: Young people in the workplace
- The biggest spike in wages and activity in Newfoundland and Labrador's workforce is among the young. Beth Macdonell interviews some of them. more »
- Stolen property found during drug bust
- A man and a woman face drug and theft charges after police searched a home in Happy Valley-Goose Bay earlier this week. more »
- Arts centre cuts upset drama teacher
- A drama teacher in western Labrador is wondering how the Arts and Culture Centre will function amid staffing reductions. more »
Top News Headlines
- Neil Macdonald: Harper no Obama when it comes to dealing with scandals
- Beset by three so-called scandals at the moment, Barack Obama has been meeting his accusers and the press head on, Neil Macdonald writes. The same cannot be said for how Stephen Harper operates. more »
- Court freezes assets in widening SNC-Lavalin probe
- The RCMP are moving to freeze millions of dollars in bank accounts and real estate holdings in Montreal and Florida in their expanding probe into Canadian engineering firm SNC-Lavalin. more »
- Needed: New approaches to defuse 'suicide contagion' among teens
- Mental health experts say we need to find new ways to refer to and discuss suicide, particularly now that a large medical study has confirmed that teens are more susceptible to the idea if they know a schoolmate who died that way. more »
- 2nd suspect in Tim Bosma case in court today on murder charge
- A second man arrested in the death of Tim Bosma, a Hamilton father who disappeared after taking two men on a test drive, is due in court today to face a charge of first-degree murder. more »
- Crew safe after vessel sinks off St. John's
- Bay Roberts couple win $2M on scratch ticket
- Three surgeons leaving hospital in St. Anthony
- Crown loses bid to appeal killer's release
- Marshall asks Senate committee to review her pay
- Shoal Point retracts claim of drilling approval
- A0A not OK for Shea Heights residents
- Labrador school a 'toxic' place to work, says report
- Court date set for nurse involved in privacy breach