The Town of St. Anthony has issued a boil water advisory following an accident last week involving a chlorine tank.
The RCMP said a chlorine cylinder dislodged from a transport truck, and rolled into a ditch on Goose Cove Road on Sept. 27.
At the time, hazardous materials technicians from the St. Anthony Fire Department inspected the cylinder and deemed it safe. Officials took precautionary measures, and had evacuated the area while the cylinder was being recovered.
After the incident, the town returned the tank, as well as a second one, to the company for safety reasons — but that means the town's water is not being chlorinated.
The town said replacement tanks are expected to arrive on Thursday or Friday. Until chlorination begins again, the town says residents of St. Anthony should boil their tap water before drinking it.