During the Olympics, Here and Now Late Night won't be seen in its usual spot on CBC Television. Instead, you can find Ryan Snoddon's forecast here.
CBC News Posted: Feb 07, 2014 9:24 PM NT Last Updated: Feb 07, 2014 9:24 PM NT
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
On November 27, 1965 the last strip of asphalt was laid on the Trans-Canada Highway in Newfoundland. In 2005 the CBC's Peter Gullage looked at what the highway meant for this province.
In the wake of this week's closure of the Victorian Order of Nurses in the province, we hear from a nurse in Corner Brook who's losing her job, and from the mother of a woman who attended the adult day care program there.
Tim Hortons says it may have to close its Steady Brook location because of the high number of boil water advisories in the town. Tim's has to buy water every time that happens. Steady Brook Mayor Peter Rowsell spoke with Bernice Hillier.
Top News Headlines
- Brussels, never an outward-looking city, shuts down to hunt its jihadists
- Remains of woman last seen in 2010 found outside Saskatoon, man arrested
- 'Recent global events' prompt Calgary school board to put student trips abroad on hold
- U.K. arrests executives as Canada Revenue Agency battles KPMG in court
- Would-be jurors at Trevor Pardy trial reprimanded
- Dwight Ball's Liberals on track for landslide victory in Monday's N.L. election
- Company building Maritime Link lines files for bankruptcy protection
- Botwood fire burns warehouse to the ground overnight
- 5 arrested following violent robbery in Baie Verte home
- Police investigating morning robbery at St. John's gas station
- St. John's homeowners get property assessments
- Drug addiction 'rampant,' says volunteer in wake of Ron Hynes death
- Desperate attempts to get pills leads to charges for Springdale woman
- Power quickly restored after Holyrood trip causes widespread outage