The summer season is finally upon us, and that means a new set of summer recipes from Barry Parsons and Rock Recipes.
For the first installation of this summer edition, Parsons barbecued up a summer classic..
In this recipe, you'll find his simple recipe for grilling up the perfect smoked paprika and cheddar burger.
Smoked Paprika and Cheddar Burgers
For each burger, combine:
- 6 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 ounces old cheddar, cut in 1 cm cubes
- a pinch of kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove roasted garlic, mashed into a paste
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
Form into patties and cook in a medium hot grill until well done. Internal temperature on a meat thermometer should read 160 F or higher.
Serve on toasted crusty rolls.