Weekend AM stories
Weekend AM clips
Saturday February 17, 2018
Heather interrupts Jon Kimura Parker's piano practice, the Fogo Islanders hockey team prepares to to play the Montreal Canadiens Alumni, and Jason Wells/Irma Gerd talks about the St. John's drag queen scene.
Friday February 16, 2018
Dan Rubin and Dave Panting - a.k.a. Tanglecove, bring tales of their mainland tour and their new album to Weekend's Heather Barrett for a First Listen
Saturday February 10, 2018
The Great Canadian Baking Show is looking for home bakers for its second season, Crippled, a play by Paul David Power, is making audiences cry and think, and Jody Williams is holding yoga classes just for men.
Sunday February 04, 2018
Heather gives snowbiking a try in Pippy Park, librarian Jewel Cousins and The Broadcast's Jane Adey tell us how you can take part in NL Reads, and when you are #HoveOff out of it, sleep expert Sheila Garland has nap advice.
Saturday January 27, 2018
Percussionist Greg Hawco is the latest Newfoundlander to get tangled up in the musical Come From Away, We'll #HoveOff with low-maintenance snacks courtesy of Five Brothers Artisan Cheese, and Heather takes part in Knit Night at the Geek Bar in St. John's.
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
- Fibromyalgia patients fighting for awareness of career-ending disease
- Mount Pearl lays off 5 employees in department shuffle
- Kaetlyn Osmond: How she battled back from an injury for her Olympic moment
- Jury sequestered to make decision: Is Anne Norris criminally responsible for killing Marcel Reardon?
- 'Raining bombs': UN pleads for truce as warplanes pound Syrian district for 5th day
- 'It's not a concentration camp': Bangladesh defends plan to house Rohingya on island with armed police
- Mueller files new charges against ex-Trump campaign associates
- Saudi Arabia to build opera house in bid to shed conservative image, lure tourists
- Bid for damages against RCMP in Lisa Dudley death dismissed by B.C. judge
- 'We've got a problem here': B.C. civil liberties group concerned doctor fingerprinted to prove his identity
- Canada's luge medals come from heartbreak, grit and ice time on world's fastest track in Whistler
- Inside a CBC Investigation that exposed a secret men-only Facebook group for RCMP members; Investigating sexual misconduct allegations in the humanitarian aid industry. (The Investigators with Diana Swain)
- Why the cannabis tax will only be one small part of government windfall: Don Pittis
- New investors who thought markets only skyrocket learn a useful lesson: Don Pittis
- Gender gap shows high-tech sector still stuck in the past — and it could prove costly
- Despite low unemployment, young people say finding a job is as difficult as ever: Don Pittis
- Hockey players Brigette Lacquette, Jocelyne Larocque bring home Olympic silver medal
- UVic law students to study Canadian and Indigenous legal systems in new program
- Day 3: MMIWG national inquiry hearings continue in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut
- Liberals to outline long-term Indigenous housing plan in budget, sources say