More Land & Sea NL
Celie Smith is a legend among Land & Sea viewers. She passed away on June 17, 2016, at the age of 96. Here you will find all of her appearances on our shows.video
Check in here for bonus footage that wasn't included in our shows...more music, more scenics, more interviews!video
Coming Up June 25: Bread and a Bicycle
How one Newfoundland man built a bakery on bread and a bicycle. (Originally aired Oct. 23, 2016)video
Coming Up July 2: Change Islands' Designing Women
A mother and daughter combine needle and thread and sealskin, and sew a pattern of love. (Originally aired Oct. 30, 2016)video
Coming Up July 9: The Weir Fishery of Saglek
We learn about a new, experimental char fishery in Labrador’s majestic Saglek Fjord. (Originally aired in 1996)video
Coming Up July 16: Jerry's Chainsaw Carvings
The Newfoundland man who traded a job in Fort McMurray for a career in chainsaw carving. (Originally aired Nov. 13, 2016)video
Coming Up July 23: The Lure of the Lighthouses
How a businessman harnessed the romance and history of two Newfoundland lighthouses, captivating tourists and locals alike. (Originally aired Nov. 20, 2016)video
Melvin Murphy, the Newfoundland man carrying on in the boat building tradition of Little Harbour West. (Originally aired Nov. 27, 2016)video
Coming Up Aug. 6: Our Haven, Our Home
Bar Haven’s 50th anniversary of resettlement reunion. (Originally aired Feb. 5, 2017)video
Coming Up Aug. 13: The Edge of the Avalon
The Trepassey woman trying to breathe new life into a very old motel. (Originally aired Feb. 12, 2017)video
Coming Up Aug. 20: The Lake Melville Seal Hunt
This hunt is a spring tradition for a group of Labradorians. (Originally aired in 1995)video
Coming Up Aug. 27: Eat It Wild
Lori McCarthy, the modern foodie with a taste for traditional Newfoundland fare. (Originally aired Feb. 26, 2017)video
Contact the Land & Sea team
We would like to hear from you and welcome any comments about the shows you have seen.
You can email Land & Sea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us by mail:
Land & Sea - CBC Television
P.O. Box 12010 - Station A
St. John's, NFLD
Copies of the program
CBC Newfoundland and Labrador provides, for personal viewing only, video copies of our local Land & Sea programs. For more information and the cost of this service please contact: by phone (709) 576-5000, e-mail, or by mail:
P.O. Box 12010
Postal Station 'A'
St. John's, NL
- N.B. approach to child death reviews gets reduced rating from doctors
- Disclosure vs. maximizing profit: Homeowner hit with extra $10K penalty for ending mortgage early
- Veteran who killed family was cleared for gun licence, despite suicide concerns
- How changes to prostitution laws shifted the way police tackle the issue
- Why wages aren't rising while workers remain in short supply: Don Pittis
- National security vs. individual freedoms: How the Liberals aim to strike a balance
- The messy reality of Justin Trudeau's promise of 'real change'
- Steady stream of tragedy, political upheaval creates 'time of immense insecurities' for U.K.
- Warning labels might be coming to cheese: CBC's Marketplace consumer cheat sheet
- Proposed rules for CRA amnesty program could expose more tax-cheat advisers
- Forget the poop scooping: who will pay the bills for your pet?
- 'Eventually, many will run out': How an LCBO strike could impact restaurants and bars
- Want to do business in Russia? Be ready to hand over your source code
- Research into exoskeleton walking devices big leap forward for human-robot interactions
- Secret history: How Steve Jobs went from rejecting to embracing the iPhone
- Could a levy on ISPs help promote Canadian content in the new digital world?
- 'You're celebrating colonization': 4 Indigenous people share why they won't be singing O Canada on July 1
- Take the Hope Pact, N.W.T. man tells struggling Indigenous youth
- Indigenous Albertans say provincial employee's racial slur 'really horrible' but not surprising
- Indigenizing the fidget spinner: U.S. company creates wooden turtle island fidget spinner