More Land & Sea NL
Celie Smith is a legend among Land & Sea viewers. She passed away on June 17, 2016, at the age of 96. Here you will find all of her appearances on our shows.video
Check in here for bonus footage that wasn't included in our shows...more music, more scenics, more interviews!video
Coming Up Aug. 20: The Lake Melville Seal Hunt
This hunt is a spring tradition for a group of Labradorians. (Originally aired in 1995)video
Coming Up Aug. 27: Eat It Wild
Lori McCarthy, the modern foodie with a taste for traditional Newfoundland fare. (Originally aired Feb. 26, 2017)video
Coming Up Sep. 3: The Bag Ladies
For 20 years, they’ve been investing in their history, and their outport Newfoundland home...one bottle and can at a time. (Originally aired Oct. 16, 2016)video
Coming Up Sep. 10: Bread and a Bicycle
How one Newfoundland man built a bakery on bread and a bicycle. (Originally aired Oct. 23, 2016)video
Coming Up Sep. 17: Change Islands' Designing Women
A mother and daughter combine needle and thread and sealskin, and sew a pattern of love. (Originally aired Oct. 30, 2016)video
Coming Up Sep. 24: The Weir Fishery of Saglek
We learn about a new, experimental char fishery in Labrador’s majestic Saglek Fjord. (Originally aired in 1996)video
Coming Up Oct. 1: Jerry's Chainsaw Carvings
The Newfoundland man who traded a job in Fort McMurray for a career in chainsaw carving. (Originally aired Nov. 13, 2016)video
Coming Up Oct. 8: The Lure of the Lighthouses
How a businessman harnessed the romance and history of two Newfoundland lighthouses, captivating tourists and locals alike. (Originally aired Nov. 20, 2016)video
Contact the Land & Sea team
We would like to hear from you and welcome any comments about the shows you have seen.
You can email Land & Sea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us by mail:
Land & Sea - CBC Television
P.O. Box 12010 - Station A
St. John's, NFLD
Copies of the program
CBC Newfoundland and Labrador provides, for personal viewing only, video copies of our local Land & Sea programs. For more information and the cost of this service please contact: by phone (709) 576-5000, e-mail, or by mail:
P.O. Box 12010
Postal Station 'A'
St. John's, NL
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
- Body of writer Patrick O'Flaherty found, missing since swimming Wednesday
- Magician Penn Jillette apologizes for calling Newfoundlanders 'stupid'
- On point: Director of Woody Point Writer's Festival says they've got the formula to keep it unique
- Globetrotting American writer's fiction inspiration is Newfoundland
- Toronto man who disappeared 3 years ago surfaces on Interpol list of feared ISIS suicide bombers
- From oilsands mine to wetland: Is Syncrude's reclamation experiment working?
- Section of Manitoba highway to be named after Tom Cochrane's 'Life is a Highway'
- B.C.'s wildfire efforts could lose up to 40% of crews as students return to school
- Steve Bannon, innovator in weaponized news, is hoist with his own petard: Keith Boag
- U.S. opens NAFTA talks with focus on trade balance — and a deficit of facts
- For or against? Business leaders feel forced to take a stand on Trump: Don Pittis
- Canada united, America divided on NAFTA as negotiations begin
- 'You mustn't be afraid to be a leader': Junior Canadian Rangers hold leadership camp outside Yellowknife
- 'Always speak up': 6th annual diversity rally has message of love in wake of Charlottesville attack
- German activists team up with Gwich'in youth to paddle Peel watershed
- Tony Callihoo, respected healer, sundancer, remembered in N.W.T., Alberta