More Land & Sea NL
Tune in Sundays at 12:30 p.m. NT (12 p.m. AT) and Mondays at 7 p.m. NT (6:30 p.m. AT) on CBC Television
WATCH: Previous seasons of Land & Sea N.L.
LAND & SEA The Man Who Became Santa Claus
Every year on Christmas Eve, Santa and Mrs. Claus visit every house in Charlottetown, Bonavista Bay with candies for the children and Mrs. Claus's homemade cookies for the seniors.
The Twillingate man who's been mummering for over 70 years.
LAND & SEA The Labrador Lumberjack: Simon Strugnell
Simon has become a bit of a legend in his home town of Port Hope Simpson. For him, the woods is more than a pastime; it's more than a livelihood. It's a life.
Coming Up Dec. 17 & 18: The Mummers Show
A Land and Sea Christmas classic. (Originally aired in 1986)
Coming Up Dec. 24: Pre-Empted
Land & Sea will not be aired this week.
We're with the Dunn family in Renews, where they celebrate Christmas the old-fashioned way. (Originally aired in 1998)
Coming Up Jan. 7 & 8: Galliott Studios
Making it work in downtown Woody Point.video
Coming Up Jan. 14 & 15: Vernon's Toy Box
Vernon Smith’s collection of classic cars.video
Celie Smith is a legend among Land & Sea viewers. She passed away on June 17, 2016, at the age of 96. Here you will find all of her appearances on our shows.video
Check in here for bonus footage that wasn't included in our shows...more music, more scenics, more interviews!video
Contact the Land & Sea team
We would like to hear from you and welcome any comments about the shows you have seen.
You can email Land & Sea at email@example.com.
Contact us by mail:
Land & Sea - CBC Television
P.O. Box 12010 - Station A
St. John's, NFLD
Copies of the program
CBC Newfoundland and Labrador provides, for personal viewing only, video copies of our local Land & Sea programs. For more information and the cost of this service please contact: by phone (709) 576-5000, e-mail, or by mail:
P.O. Box 12010
Postal Station 'A'
St. John's, NL
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
- 'People want to go back. But I'll never': Displaced Mud Lake woman wonders what's next
- Moving company solicits business while owner faces weapons and bribery charges in St. John's
- Fire at vacant St. John's home ruled suspicious
- Good news for child-care costs in St. John's? Not so fast, says daycare owner, parent
- How an expected U.S. interest rate increase will affect Canadians: Don Pittis
- Palestinian president says no role for U.S. in peace process after Trump's Jerusalem declaration
- Winds, dry conditions expected to hamper efforts to tame California wildfire
- Tillerson says U.S. open to talks with North Korea 'without preconditions'
- Santa will sit on a throne of hockey sticks at this weekend's NHL 100 outdoor game
- Quebec jurist Richard Wagner named next Supreme Court chief justice
- How N.L. helped deliver compromise that sealed provincial, federal pot tax deal
- Refugee family grateful to be alive after incredible 2nd-storey escape from fire
- Rescuing whales 'high-risk' work government doesn't want to do, DFO email shows
- Location, location, location: How your health-care coverage is linked to where you live in Canada
- 'How can they get away with that?': Canadians pay much more than Americans for baby products
- 'That's a real problem': Investigation finds baby products for sale despite recall orders
- Liberals have passed half as many bills as Harper's government in same time period
- Byelection winner Jean Yip 'not different than anyone else who's lost a spouse'
- Kent Hehr forced to defend himself against allegations of rudeness, again
- F-35 stealth fighter, Super Hornet top list of potential new fighters for Canada
- Canadian doctor says there's evidence the 'man flu' is actually real
- Federal palliative care bill aims to improve end-of-life services for dying Canadians
- 21 cases of E. coli linked to romaine lettuce confirmed in N.L., N.B. and Quebec
- Motorcycle-related deaths more common during full moon, study finds
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi triumphs as more than just a reunion for Luke and friends
- Stormtroopers join Prince William, Harry at The Last Jedi's London premiere
- 'Hi I'm Jimmy. This is Billy:' emotional Kimmel makes health-care plea with infant son
- The Shape of Water, Big Little Lies lead Golden Globes nominations
- Astronomers to eavesdrop on interstellar asteroid for possible signs of intelligent life
- Researchers discover 'Dracula's terrible tick' trapped in amber with dinosaur feather
- Arctic report card: Permafrost thawing, sea ice melting faster than before
- Canadian cellular prices declining, mainly for talk and text, report finds
- 'Right in their own backyard': New Google Earth project maps Canada's residential schools
- Ojibway 'Netflix' launches on Apple store
- Indigenous family receives wheelchair accessible house after chief applies for access to Jordan's Principle
- Store vouchers instead of cash for income assistance violate human rights, rules N.W.T. tribunal