The Atlantic Lottery Corporation says they've been in contact with a party who may be the $30 million Lotto Max winner.

ALC spokesperson Courtney Pringle-Carver said that until Friday, the corporation hadn't heard from anyone about the prize.

However, since then, they have been in contact with a party who may be the lucky winner.

"And who among us wouldn't want to be in possession of such a slip of paper?" Pringle-Carver said.

"It is our practice, however, not to release any details, or confirm a winner, until such time as the claim passes through our prize review process."

She said that this process could take a few hours, or even a few days.

Earlier this week, Joe and Colleen Gulliver came forward to claim the second prize of $400,000 in the same draw.