Not guilty for brutal assault accused
A man accused in part of a brutal assault last year was found not guilty in a St. John's court on Thursday.
Robert King was charged with aggravated assault and assault with a weapon in Sept. 2012.
The Crown said King viciously beat a man with a pipe after a party in Conception Bay South.
The victim had bleeding on the brain and his jaw was broken.
However, Judge Lori Marshall said on Thursday that there was no convincing evidence that a weapon was used in the assault.
Marshall said King fought only with his fists in self-defence.
A young offender had already pleaded guilty to assaulting the victim.