One year after the deadly attack at the Boston Marathon, the annual race will be held again and twenty-one people from this province will be taking part.

Three people were killed and more than 250 were injured last year, when the race was cut short by two explosions on the sidewalk near the finish line. 

Judy Sheppard of St. John's was one kilometre from the finish line when the bombs exploded.

She says this will not stop her from competing again. 

"This time I want to go back to finish the kilometre I didn't finish," she said. "I'll run the full distance plus this time."

Sheppard says everyone who didn't get a chance to finish the Boston Marathon last year has been invited back this year.

About 36,000 people will be running in Monday's race.