Leo Crockwell's lawyers, political filibusters and a slowly sinking island: they all feature in our compilation of some of the numbers that caught our eye this year. Some are heart-breaking, some far less so, but all made the news at some point in 2012.
Infographic | The numbers that tell a story of 2012
CBC News Posted: Dec 29, 2012 10:59 AM NT Last Updated: Dec 29, 2012 11:56 AM NT
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
The founders of the Labrador Creative Arts Festival are Tim Borlase and Noreen O’Brien Heighton. They were both in Happy Valley goose Bay to celebrate the festival’s 40 year anniversary.
Kat Baulu is a producer with the National Film Board. She’s working with filmmaker Isabella Rose Weetal-uk-tuk on a film about life in the north. Angela Antle spoke with them about the project, an artist they are working with from Nain and the NFB's new p
Heather Igloliorte is an Inuk curator and art historian from Labrador who created the show SakKijâjuk: Inuit Fine Art and Craft from Nunatsiavut, which opened in Happy Valley Goose Bay during the Symposium and will tour the country.
Top News Headlines
- Driver flees after truck smashes through shed and election signs
- A stupendous shift in Newfoundland and Labrador politics: How did we get here?
- Party candidates, leaders make final push for Avalon votes
- Santa Claus Parade draws thousands to downtown St. John's
- Be wary of all-inclusive grad trips, St. John's high school says
- Carver Corey Chaulk creating art, with a chainsaw
- The past lives of election campaign headquarters
- 17-year-old found, after reported missing in Corner Brook
- Suspect identified in 2 armed robberies in St. John's
- See the beauty of Newfoundland and Labrador with our weekly audience photo gallery