Leo Crockwell's lawyers, political filibusters and a slowly sinking island: they all feature in our compilation of some of the numbers that caught our eye this year. Some are heart-breaking, some far less so, but all made the news at some point in 2012.
Infographic | The numbers that tell a story of 2012
CBC News Posted: Dec 29, 2012 10:59 AM NT Last Updated: Dec 29, 2012 11:56 AM NT
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from St. John's
Canadian seal fur products are banned in many countries. One Newfoundland company is hoping to get the Chinese seal of approval to expand the industry.
Former CBC reporter Larry Hudson, 89, died Tuesday morning
Flat Bay residents are worried after five suspicious fires happened since September
Top News Headlines
- Chicago releases video showing white police officer fatally shooting black teen
- Turkish downing of Russian military jet a 'stab in the back,' Putin says
- For U.S. Thanksgiving travel, expect delays as Americans warned to be on alert
- Liberals won't meet deadline to bring 25,000 Syrian refugees to Canada by year's end
- To unfriend or not unfriend: What to do with racist Facebook 'friends'
- 'My hero': Halifax cab driver comes to the rescue of Newfoundland woman
- Fire levels building at Metal World in Torbay
- Liberal front-runner gets it from both sides during CBC leaders' debate
- 'Full house' for Ron Hynes at funeral filled with music, laughter
- Watch Alan Doyle sing an emotional St. John's Waltz in Belgium
- RNC looking for Good Samaritan nurse and assault witness
- Why China just may be the seal hunt's last hope
- Corner Brook man files appeal after being detained for tweets
- 3 Newfoundland shopping malls sold in $9.2 million deal