Fire guts garage in Harbour Main
A residential garage was destroyed by an early morning fire Saturday in Harbour Main, according to firefighters.
Tom Costello, assistant fire chief with the Harbour Main Volunteer Fire Department, said the department received a call shortly after 4 a.m. that a detached garage on Merner's Lane was on fire.
When crews arrived shortly after receiving the call, the structure was fully engulfed in flames.
The Avondale Volunteer Fire Department was called in to provide back-up to suppress the fire.
Costello said the the garage was about 10 metres feet from a home, which was not damaged in the blaze.
He added there is no word yet on the cause of the fire.
No injuries were reported in the incident.