A fire damaged the interior of a business in Grand Falls-Windsor this afternoon, but the building and much of its contents were saved. 

Firefighters responded to A-1 Eavestrough on Whitmore Street in the town's industrial park around 2 p.m. 

They kept the fire confined to the inside of the building and extinguished it in about 20 minutes. 

Vince MacKenzie, the chief of the Grand Falls-Windsor fire department, said the situation could have been much worse.

"The crews had to contend with a couple of propane tanks inside the building as well, so we had to be careful that they were removed," said MacKenzie.  

MacKenzie said the building's owner lit a wood stove inside the structure this morning. 
The owner returned later to find the building filled with smoke.

There were no injuries, and the RCMP do not consider the fire to be suspicious.