I admit it. I had never heard the terms 'Cosplay' or 'Steampunk' until last week when the Sci-Fi on the Rock convention was happening at the Holiday Inn in St. John's (for the 8th year!). I had to check out the out-of-this-world fashions for myself! Of course, there were your typical Star Wars characters, superheroes and Transformers — but what fascinated me most were the people whose style borrowed from the past and placed it in the future like Steampunk does (think futuristic interpretation of the Victorian era). You have to admire the imagination and the crafty costume-making skills.
FashioNL is back to the future
By Paula Gale, CBC News Posted: May 30, 2014 12:07 PM NT Last Updated: May 30, 2014 12:13 PM NT
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- More than $100K missing from SJSE 'definitely theft,' city councillor says
- 'I'm at a loss for words': Froude Avenue-area residents want answers to water supply problems
- Shady business: 10 tips to keep summer skin safe — even in RDF
- Taxi driver facing charges for smoking in vehicle
- 'Experienced crew' had done same work before: Forbes Bros. waits for report on tower deaths
- Two festivals, same day: Are there enough country fans to go around?
- Twillingate workers facing radical changes with fish plant closure
- 'There he was. It was Luke': Missing dog located after 8 days
- Blake Shelton to headline AtlanticFest in Grand Falls-Windsor this August
- 'Ludicrous' eviction process for delinquent tenants takes far too long, property company says