I admit it. I had never heard the terms 'Cosplay' or 'Steampunk' until last week when the Sci-Fi on the Rock convention was happening at the Holiday Inn in St. John's (for the 8th year!). I had to check out the out-of-this-world fashions for myself! Of course, there were your typical Star Wars characters, superheroes and Transformers — but what fascinated me most were the people whose style borrowed from the past and placed it in the future like Steampunk does (think futuristic interpretation of the Victorian era). You have to admire the imagination and the crafty costume-making skills.
FashioNL is back to the future
By Paula Gale, CBC News Posted: May 30, 2014 12:07 PM NT Last Updated: May 30, 2014 12:13 PM NT
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- 700 workers escorted from Muskrat Falls site
- Operation Christmas Child volunteer sacked over same-sex marriage, abortion beliefs
- Corner Brook's 1st Syrian refugee family leaves province
- Muskrat Falls protesters 'fighting for land and food'
- Crash claims life of 28-year-old man
- Muskrat Falls workers bused out after protesters occupy site in Central Labrador
- To idle or not to idle? Automotive expert Doug Bethune has the answer
- Lower Churchill's cultural history should be protected, says archeology professor
- 'We have to stand together': Muskrat Falls protesters gather in St. John's
- Woman held in vehicle against her will, man arrested in St. John's