I admit it. I had never heard the terms 'Cosplay' or 'Steampunk' until last week when the Sci-Fi on the Rock convention was happening at the Holiday Inn in St. John's (for the 8th year!). I had to check out the out-of-this-world fashions for myself! Of course, there were your typical Star Wars characters, superheroes and Transformers — but what fascinated me most were the people whose style borrowed from the past and placed it in the future like Steampunk does (think futuristic interpretation of the Victorian era). You have to admire the imagination and the crafty costume-making skills.
FashioNL is back to the future
By Paula Gale, CBC News Posted: May 30, 2014 12:07 PM NT Last Updated: May 30, 2014 12:13 PM NT
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Not-so-new Canadian: How welcoming is N.L. for immigrants?
- Volunteers take to ATVs to search for Cortney Lake near Goulds
- Historic Richmond Cottage demolished
- 'Brought tears to my eyes': N.L. man travels to Alberta for restored plane's takeoff
- Looking white and being Aboriginal
- Labrador's Muskrat Falls price tag now $12.7B: Worse than 1969 Quebec deal, CEO says
- Suspended driver owing $12K in fines arrested, charged
- Feeding 400 hungry bikers: Pounds of potatoes, lots of ribs
- Is N.L. immigration plan too ambitious? 3 migrants share their thoughts
- Ever wanted to learn Inuktitut? Try this