I often say if you live in this province and you want to look great, you need a lot of coats. But if you want your feet to stay warm and dry, you also need practical boots. Luckily, sensible footwear has become fashionable — at last! I took a stroll around downtown this week and quickly spotted lots of boots that are meant for walking in St. John's. What do you think?
FashioNL: Give 'em the boot
By Paula Gale, CBC News Posted: Mar 14, 2014 11:50 AM NT Last Updated: Mar 14, 2014 11:50 AM NT
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Walmart ramps up self-checkout by letting customers ring in items while shopping
- 'I couldn't stop crying': Dad's Facebook post leads to finding twin sons adopted 20 years ago
- 'People are suffering': Contract work has turned universities, colleges into temp agencies, say critics
- 'I'm still shocked:' Family reacts to RCMP shooting of man in North Battleford, Sask.
- Breaking down the boot boom: Why are Blundstones so popular?
- Is the Avalon Mall having a midlife crisis?
- Making money moves: St. Kevin's Parish cashes in $5.8 million in Chase the Ace earnings
- 'Hey, man, thanks': Clarenville United Church minister pays tribute to Gord Downie
- Town of Paradise locking out workers Monday morning
- The bird is the word: Exceptional find sets birder on 10-hour drive to Labrador
- Church group bakes 700 apple pies in memory of dear friend
- Back where it belongs: Land and Sea returns to Monday evenings
- Crow's Nest at 75: World War II naval club celebrates milestone anniversary in N.L.
- Steep ramps, inaccessible washrooms: Can we do it better?