I often say if you live in this province and you want to look great, you need a lot of coats. But if you want your feet to stay warm and dry, you also need practical boots. Luckily, sensible footwear has become fashionable — at last! I took a stroll around downtown this week and quickly spotted lots of boots that are meant for walking in St. John's. What do you think?
FashioNL: Give 'em the boot
By Paula Gale, CBC News Posted: Mar 14, 2014 11:50 AM NT Last Updated: Mar 14, 2014 11:50 AM NT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Will Canadian invention set a Black Friday record?
- Liberals detail $40B for 10-year national housing strategy, introduce Canada Housing Benefit
- Bus company commits to installing 'child check' alarm system after 4-year-old forgotten
- Laurier's apology to Lindsay Shepherd was hardly a win for free speech
- Delayed flight turns into Newfoundland kitchen party at Pearson International Airport
- Service dog handlers face bitter pushback, kicked out of public places
- Dwight Ball's apartment, cars watched as daughter tracked during Phillips murder investigation
- What's in your harbour? Scientist appalled by Newfoundland's underwater trash problem
- Roses run out for Deer Lake woman on the Bachelor Canada
- A look inside 30A Quidi Vidi Road: Jury sees evidence in Brandon Phillips trial
- Paradise lottery winner chooses $1.5M prize in Super Set for Life
- St. John's cross-country runner earns All-American title
- Italian plane flying from Miami to Rome diverted to St. John's due to mechanical problem
- $77K and climbing: Shea Heights woman facing rehabilitation, steep medical bills after stroke in U.S.