I often say if you live in this province and you want to look great, you need a lot of coats. But if you want your feet to stay warm and dry, you also need practical boots. Luckily, sensible footwear has become fashionable — at last! I took a stroll around downtown this week and quickly spotted lots of boots that are meant for walking in St. John's. What do you think?
FashioNL: Give 'em the boot
By Paula Gale, CBC News Posted: Mar 14, 2014 11:50 AM NT Last Updated: Mar 14, 2014 11:50 AM NT
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Autopsy planned to determine if Nain boy died of tuberculosis
- Judy Foote is 'honoured' to be named 1st female lieutenant-governor in N.L.
- Hockey star Abby Newhook, 14, to spread her wings with Boston College Eagles
- 2 men arrested after string of armed robberies in St. John's
- Labrador senior waits 10 hours in emergency room without care for broken arm
- 4th missing Labrador snowmobiler found safe
- St. John's Brewfest expands with 60 new beers never poured in Newfoundland
- 'Sad sight': Group of dolphins trapped by ice in Heart's Delight
- Newfoundlanders in love with rural life lament small-town resettlement strategy
- Witless Bay critic won't be silenced by town talk of hiring lawyer