I often say if you live in this province and you want to look great, you need a lot of coats. But if you want your feet to stay warm and dry, you also need practical boots. Luckily, sensible footwear has become fashionable — at last! I took a stroll around downtown this week and quickly spotted lots of boots that are meant for walking in St. John's. What do you think?
FashioNL: Give 'em the boot
By Paula Gale, CBC News Posted: Mar 14, 2014 11:50 AM NT Last Updated: Mar 14, 2014 11:50 AM NT
Latest Nfld. & Labrador News Headlines
Jose Rivera, chairman of the Refugee Immigrant Advisory Council, said he receives up to 20 emails a day from Syrian refugees seeking a home in Canada, but that there is little he can do to help.
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from St. John's
Back to school next week will be very different for about 900 students in St. John's west end. They'll be the first class to attend the brand new Waterford Valley High School, which is replacing Bishop's College and Booth Memorial.
Fudge's mother says he is an alcoholic and she wants to know how he was able to get booze inside this mental health facility....and what's to stop him from doing it again?
Top News Headlines
- Peter Penashue officially Conservative candidate for Labrador
- First tour given at new St. John's high school
- Another chance to spin the wheel: 2nd Price is Right Live show added in St. John's
- RCMP investigating tractor-trailer spill near Pynn's Brook
- 2 separate moose-vehicle collisions in western Newfoundland
- RNC officer's role in Paul Davis ad raises questions of rights, restrictions
- Cape Onion's Tickle Inn shutting its doors
- Missing trouter successfully located on Bonavista Peninsula
- Beaten Waterford patient found drunk inside hospital
- Canada's immigration system is backlogged, needs reform, says refugee advocate